Aquatic PT is a specialized service with limited availability in the Washington, DC, metro area. This form of therapy is an excellent method of treating numerous conditions and injuries for those people who cannot tolerate treatment ‘on land’. Our physical therapists are specifically trained in providing this type of skilled therapy.
Please click on this link to read about and print important information prior to your first appointment: ProAction Aquatic Information. There are two forms to read and print out.
Aquatic Physical Therapy benefits those who have:
- neck and back pain
- rheumatoid arthritis
- balance difficulties
- neurological disorders
- poor conditioning
- joint replacements and other types of surgery
Physical Therapy in the water:
- Creates a safe and effective environment to exercise.
- Enables painfree strengthing, stretching, and overall mobility.
- Uses hydrostatic pressure to reduce swelling.
- Improves your ability to balance.
- Creates the ability to move your joints through greater ranges of motion.
Aquatic Physical Therapy is covered by Medicare and most medical insurance plans when it is prescribed by a physician. There is no extra cost participating in Aquatic Therapy sessions. Please call us for additional information at 301-881-CARE (301.881.2273). See you at the pool!
We provide Aquatic Therapy at Kids First Pool, Randolph Hills Shopping Center, 4888 Boiling Brook Pkwy, Rockville, MD 20852.
“It was a pleasure working with Mylah for my Aquatic Therapy. Thanks for your gentleness and patience. You are so good at what you do.”
– Cynthia P